Shakespeare in Action, Ontario’s Leading Shakespeare Education Company for Young Audiences since 1988, is searching for a producer. We are a multi-racial repertory theatre company that produces yearly programming. We are dedicated to fostering literacy, enhancing creativity and promoting speech arts by making the language and stories of Shakespeare relevant to young audiences, families, schools and communities.
Producer: Full time – Contract Position
Salary starting at $800.00 weekly
Reporting to The Board of Directors and the Artistic Director, the Producer will lead our administrative, educational and fundraising strategies.
We are looking for a highly organized, motivated individual with a passion for classical theatre, youth, education, and community partnerships. Candidates should have expansive knowledge of Canadian Theatre, theatre for young audiences and theatre in education specifically, with exceptional written and oral communication skills, acuity in financial management, experience in managing staff and volunteers and experience in fundraising.
Working closely with the Artistic Director, the Producer will:
- Write and lead strategies for securing grants, foundation asks and corporate sponsorship pitches.
- Assist to coordinate our unique fundraising events.
- Manage and support contract and production staff with Artist Director
- Supervise and mentor our team of outstanding interns and volunteers.
- Liaise with stakeholders including the TAPA, PACT, Toronto District School Board, Toronto Public Library, TD Bank and other corporate supporters to deliver programs and nurture the company’s strategic growth.
- Work with the Artistic Director to build new community partnerships to broaden our mandate and strengthen our revenue base.
- Liaise with the CAEA to ensure Equity contract compliance.
- Coordinate the company’s marketing and outreach strategies to build new audiences
- Participate in creative planning, business planning and development and with the Artistic Director
- Assist to manage development of the Board of Directors including distribution of agendas and minutes
- Manage individual project budgets and reports
- Assist Artistic Director to manages annual audit and charity law compliance
- Assist Artistic Director to manage website and execute changes
The successful applicant will have:
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant field, with a minimum of 5 years experience in theatre production, arts administration, management and fundraising.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with experience in writing copy for grants, fundraising and marketing.
- Working knowledge of the CTA.
- Experience in recruiting and supervising staff, contract employees and volunteers.
- Experiencing in successfully managing fundraising events.
- The ability to work flexible hours
- A deep commitment to theatre for young audiences, education and community partnerships
- A keen entrepreneurial spirit
- Patience and a sense of humour!
Desirable skills include:
- Proficiency in photoshop, in-design and illustrator, with experience in designing marketing materials.
- Experience working in the theatre, arts management, production and arts-in-education.
- Conversational French is an advantage, but not essential.
Shakespeare in Action is an equal opportunity employer, with a deep commitment to reflecting the vibrant cultural diversity of our city in our creative and administrative team.
- Applicants are asked to please email a cover letter and resume email@example.com
- Applications will be accepted until February 26th.