Happy New Year, everyone! We hope you all had a wonderful and restful holiday season. The Shakespeare in Action team is officially back to work today, and we cannot wait to get started on all of the exciting projects we have lined up for the first half of 2015! Here is a sneak peak at what’s coming up!
Winter Session- Saturdays, January 31 – March 7, 2015
- A free readers’ theatre program for kids ages 7-12!
- Explore plays such as The Comedy of Errors, Macbeth, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Romeo & Juliet, The Tempest, and Twelfth Night.
- Read aloud and play drama games and meet other Shakespeare fans!
- Led by professional actors and educators.
- Visit the TD Shakespeare for Kids Library Club page for locations and details!
March 25, 2015 at the Arts and Letters Club of Toronto
Purchase a ticket for the Shakespeare Challenge Gala Fundraiser and join us for:
- An abridged version of Shakespeare’s The Comedy of Errors, performed by a cast of courageous community members! (We have opened new spots in the cast, and the deadline to register is January 9th! Find out how to register here.)
- Food, drink, and live music following the show!
- A live and silent auction of fabulous items and packages!
- The chance to give youth in priority neighborhoods across Toronto access to the arts through our subsidized ticket program!
On the Mainstage: Hamlet
April 13-24, 2015
Our most recent production of Hamlet returns to the mainstage this Spring! This dreamlike production incorporates mask puppets and shadow play to create a visually rich and engaging show while staying true to Shakespeare’s text. Teen audiences will fall in love with our dark and brooding Hamlet as he perseveres to find the truth. Recommended for ages 12 and up. Visit our Hamlet page for prices and booking info!
On Tour: Shakespeare Meets Hip Hop
May 4- May 15, 2015
Shakespeare Meets Hip Hop is a vibrant, interactive presentation that demonstrates how modern hip-hop shares many similarities with the themes, language and rhythm used by Shakespeare. Both are full of poetry, word play and lyricism and both deal with what it is to be human.
Shakespeare Meets Hip Hop brings alive the parallels between the world of the plays and their own contemporary experience. It’s the perfect complement to your in-class teaching of a specific play, in the beginning, in the middle or at the end. Visit our Shakespeare Meets Hip Hop page for booking info!
If you have any questions regarding our upcoming shows and events, please feel free to send us an e-mail, or call us at (416) 703-4881!