Shakespeare in Action is looking for a volunteer Assistant Stage Manager to help bring to life A Midsummer Night’s Dream as part of the 5th annual Shakespeare Challenge fundraiser. The Shakespeare Challenge is a fundraising event that will raise funds for Shakespeare in Action’s educational programming, serving thousands of at-risk youth across Toronto.
The Challenge will feature up to 14 community members coming together to unleash their inner thespian under the direction of Shakespeare in Action’s renowned Artistic Director Michael Kelly. Our Challenge Champions will rehearse and perform an abridged version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. In a race against time, these brave souls will rehearse one night a week for eight weeks to prepare and present this memorable production. That’s the Shakespeare Challenge!
The Assistant Stage Manager will be responsible for:
- Helping supervise rehearsals
- Provide cues and prompts to actors during rehearsals
- Organizing and maintain rehearsal space
- Liaising with Shakespeare in Action office staff regularly throughout the duration of the rehearsals
- Assist with backstage business during performance
- Assist with the building and collecting of props, costumes, and set
Must be available for the following dates and times:
- 6PM -9:30PM on March 1, 15, 22, 29, 2016
- 2PM- 8pm March 20
- The dress rehearsal on March 30, 2016 and final performance on March 31, 2016 from 2:30PM- 11:30PM (Exact call time TBD)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover Letters can be addressed to Michael Kelly, Artistic Director.