Shakespeare in Action is looking for a volunteer Stage Manager to help bring to life A Midsummer Night’s Dream as part of the 5th annual Shakespeare Challenge fundraiser. The Shakespeare Challenge is a fundraising event that will raise funds for Shakespeare in Action’s educational programming, serving thousands of at-risk youth across Toronto.
The Challenge will feature up to 14 community members coming together to unleash their inner thespian under the direction of Shakespeare in Action’s renowned Artistic Director Michael Kelly. Our Challenge Champions will rehearse and perform an abridged version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. In a race against time, these brave souls will rehearse one night a week for eight weeks to prepare and present this memorable production. That’s the Shakespeare Challenge!
The Stage Manager will be responsible for:
- Organizing rehearsal schedules
- Preparing list of contacts
- Maintaining weekly contact with participants, informing of them of any changes, updates, etc.
- Assisting Director with recording blocking and taking other necessary notes with Stage Management Prompt Book
- Organizing and maintain rehearsal space
- Liaising with Shakespeare in Action office staff regularly throughout the duration of the rehearsals
Must be available for the following dates and times:
- 6:30 pm-9:30 pm on January 12, 19, February 2, 9, 23, March 1, 15, 22, 29, 2016
- The dress rehearsal on April 5, 2016 and final performance on April 6, 2016 (Times TBD)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Cover Letters can be addressed to Michael Kelly, Artistic Director.