Since The Lego Movie is coming out this Friday (and looks completely awesome,) let’s go through the cast and see who has done some Shakespeare related work!
If you see the movie this weekend, be sure to keep an eye out for The Bard himself!
Morgan Freeman (Vitruvius)
- Coriolanus (New York Shakespeare Festival, 1979) as Coriolanus
- Julius Caesar (New York Shakespeare Festival, 1979) as Casca
- The Taming of the Shrew (New York Shakespeare Festival, 1990) as Petruchio
Keegan-Michael Key (Foreman Jim)
- The Second City’s Romeo and Juliet Musical: The People vs. Friar Laurence, the Man Who Killed Romeo and Juliet (Second City, 2004) as Romeo
Liam Neeson (Bad Cop/ Good Cop/ Pa Cop)
- Henry IV Part 1 (Lyric Players Theatre, 1976) as Percy
- The Winter’s Tale (Dublin’s Abbery Theatre, 1979)
Jorma Taccone (William Shakespeare)
- The Lego Movie (2014) as William Shakespeare
Channing Tatum (Superman)
- She’s the Man (2006) as Duke