By: Kelly Nori and Axel Kinnear (designing a set and costumes for Hamlet)
So far, the Shakespeare Festival project has been going very well. Axel and I are working hard together and using our time effectively. Recently, we sat down and tried to realistically set goals for finish our project. We decided that by Monday, April 18 we wanted to have three character drawings done, and we were able to accomplish that goal. By Friday, April 22 we want to have both of our set drawings done, and by Tuesday, April 26, we want to have everything complete, so that we can focus on our interview during class. We have spent a lot of time considering characters, theme, logistics, etc.; so we are hoping that our project turns out to be very strong. This week in class we are focusing on the drawing of the set. Today in class we thought up different ideas about our set, and then made some decisions. It has difficult to maintain levels and depth within the set, while also considering the small details of props; in the end, we came up with some unique ideas that were inspired by the line “Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.” I think that we are on track to finish, and we are continuing to work well with each other. Our goals are set, and now we must complete them!